A Friendly Reminder from Your Local Langley Dentist About Dental Benefits: Use it or Lose it!
The holiday season is almost here, and it can be harder than ever to keep your teeth white and clean when you are surrounded by rich, sugary foods. If you have dental coverage, remembering to take full advantage of the services available to you before the end of the year ensures you get the most out of your plan.
Am I Eligible Under My Dental Coverage Plan?
In order to know exactly what your plan entitles you to, it is best to consult with your insurance or healthcare provider. However, most plans allow for you to have at least two cleanings a year, as well as some other dental treatments and procedures.
It is always important to remember that the benefits of your plan do not carry over into the new year.
Whatever you don’t use, you lose!
5 Teeth Cleaning Tips for Year-Round Prevention
When it comes to preventing cavities, tooth decay and other, more serious issues, one or two appointments just isn’t enough. Year-round prevention means having your teeth properly cleaned and maintained as regularly as possible to ensure that your teeth stay healthy and complications are prevented rather than treated.
Here are 5 tips for preventing teeth problems year-round:
- Invest in an electric toothbrush: The difference between a manual and an electric toothbrush is quite significant. Though they are more expensive, the only real way to guarantee you are keeping your teeth as clean as possible every day is to go electric.
- Don’t cut corners during the holidays: This is the time of year when sugar consumption usually skyrockets, which means it’s more important than ever to make sure your oral hygiene practices are at their best. Identifying times in the year when your teeth might need extra attention and adjusting your cleaning methods accordingly makes all the difference when preventing cavities.
- Don’t overdo it: That being said, it is always best to moderate your sugar intake, no matter how thoroughly you clean your teeth.
- Have regular cleanings: Year-round prevention means regular visits to the dentist’s office. A professional teeth cleaning from your local Langley dentist will give your mouth a deep, lasting clean that cannot be matched by any other steps you take at home.
- Regularly consult with your dentist: The other benefit of regular visits to the dentist is that they will be able to identify areas for improvement in your oral hygiene techniques as well as potential health problems before they arise—and not just the ones in your mouth! Getting regular profession advice is the most important step you can take.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Dentist in the Langley and Surrey Areas
The prevention of dental issues requires ongoing commitment which includes never missing a dental exam and cleaning. Our team at Amazing Smile Dental is here to ensure a healthy smile year-round. When you take full advantage of your dental coverage, you can catch oral health issues before they turn into bigger ones and keep your teeth looking perfect.
Take full advantage of your dental coverage before it lapses. Call our office today at 604-514-7588 to schedule an appointment. You can also contact us online for more information on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy this holiday season.