Dental Implants: General Information Before Visiting Your Langley Dental Clinic
Thinking about replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant, but not sure if it’s the right choice for you? One of the most important considerations for a dental implant is whether or not you have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. Arranging a check-up appointment with your dentist is the best way to find out if you are a good candidate for a replacement tooth.
Dental implants, made with metallic and bone-like ceramic materials, are surgically placed into your jawbone, below your gum line. Once the implant is anchored to the metal framework on the jawbone, it will act as the foundation for the bridge or artificial tooth. Implants are just as stable as your natural teeth and do not require the support of surrounding teeth. They are very effective in preserving your jawbone and preventing neighbouring teeth from shifting.
Ten Factors to Consider About Dental Implants from Your Langley Dental Clinic
- Dental implants are currently the best option for tooth replacement.
- Dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%.
- They make chewing and eating easier.
- They are visually superior to bridges and dentures - they look and feel like real teeth and stay in place.
- They preserve the integrity of your healthy teeth.
- They build confidence - with implants, you know they will remain firmly in place for a lasting smile.
- Unlike dentures, you do not have to worry about misplacing your dental implant.
- Unlike bridges, dental implants are extremely durable and do not require replacement.
- They can improve your speech.
- They are much more convenient than dentures, which require messy adhesives to keep them in place.
The majority of patients who have received dental implants state that the procedure involves little discomfort. Local anesthesia is used during the procedure, and following the dental implant, you can treat the soreness with common over-the-counter pain medications like Tylenol or Advil. If you are a heavy smoker, suffering from uncontrolled chronic disorders, including diabetes or heart disease, or have undergone radiation therapy to the head/neck area, it’s recommended that you speak with your dentist. You will require an evaluation to determine if dental implants are right for your oral health needs.
Visit a Dentist in Langley at Amazing Smile
When you visit our dentist in Langley at Amazing Smile for dental implants, we will evaluate your needs and develop an individualized treatment plan for you. The plan is prepared by our team of professionals who specialize in oral surgery and restorative dentistry. To make the new replacement tooth or teeth, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a model of your bite. A replacement tooth, which is based on this model, is then affixed to the abutment. Just as you would do for your natural teeth, it’s key to practice proper dental hygiene, like brushing and flossing, to ensure the longevity of your new smile.
For more information about dental implant options at our Langley dental clinic, contact Amazing Smile Dental today at 604-514-7588. You can also contact us online to schedule an appointment and find out if you are a suitable candidate for the procedure.