Smile Science: What Does a Bright Full Smile Do for You? Here’s what Your Langley Orthodontist has to Say…
Did you know you are a superhero?
While you do not fly around with your cape, you have a powerful source of magic inside of you. What is this magical power you contain? Your smile, of course!
Several research studies have assessed the power of a person’s smile, and how that smile can change your appearance, attitude, and affect those around you positively.
Why Should You Smile More?
Flashing your super-powered smile offers benefits to you and those around you. Just some reasons to smile more include:
- You Will Look Younger: Smiling makes people think of you as younger than you are.
- You Will Look Thinner: Smiling, compared to a mouth turned downward in a frown, lifts your face and makes you look thinner.
- You Will Notice You are Happier: Need to give yourself a mood lift? Every time you smile, dopamine, endorphins, and serotonin start working in your brain to make you feel happy. So, when you are feeling down, put on a grin and let your brain boost your attitude.
- You Will No Longer Need Chocolate: Well, you might! However, smiling does give you more pleasure in your brain than eating chocolate.
- You Can Deliver Bad News with Less Hurt: Whether you are telling your child that her favourite ice cream is out of stock or letting an employee go, the act of a smile takes away the harshness of a message.
- You Are More Liked: If you smile frequently, you might notice that people are drawn to you. Why? Because smiling makes you seem likeable, competent, and courteous.
- You Will Lift the Mood of Others: While you are smiling, and soaking up the chemical reactions in your brain, others are catching on and smiling with you, because smiling is contagious.
Afraid to Take Advantage of Your True Smile? Visit a Langley Orthodontist to Unlock Your Smile Potential
Whether you have a yellowing smile that needs teeth whitening in Langley or the wrinkles around your mouth and eyes are bringing you down, you have options.
Some ways you can improve the look of your smile and make it shine bright include:
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is safe and effective. You can receive an in-home or professional whitening service that removes build-up and corrects yellowing of your teeth.
- Straighten Teeth: Are crooked teeth preventing you from showing off your bright smile? Invisalign® helps straighten teeth without the awkwardness of metal brackets and wires.
- Botox®: Botox is a prescription medicine that improves your facial appearance. It works by tightening around the injection site, giving you a temporary facelift to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and frown lines.
Amazing Smile Dental now offers Botox®. Our dentists are adequately trained to administer Botox injections and give you a youthful appearance that builds your overall confidence. In combination with our teeth whitening, you can take full advantage of your future smiles.
Call Amazing Smile Dental today at 604-514-7588 to book your Botox consultation or to learn about teeth whitening in Surrey, BC, and surrounding areas. You can also contact us online to learn more.